Affordable Housing Initiatives (AHI) – The NHDT is a privately owned company of the Cayman Islands Government whose mandate is to assist low-income families in realizing their dreams of home ownership.
What are the general qualifying criteria?
- Be a first-time owner
- Be Caymanian or hold Caymanian Status
- Earn no more than $30,000 per year/$2,500 per month or less than $2,000 monthly for single applicants; or $45,000 per year/$3,750 per month for joint applicants
- Currently reside in Grand Cayman
- Become the owner/occupier of the home being purchased
- Be currently employed for at least six months, or self-employed for at least two years
- Be in the age-bracket required for repaying a mortgage